Am 11.01.2013 21:51, schrieb Nobody:
> I noticed myself after upgrading to Thunderbird 17 that I was being
> prompted to authenticate seemingly for every calendar I was subscribed
> to in addition to once for my mail.
> After a lot of tinkering with versions and settings, I found myself
> digging through the extracted contents of the Lightning extension.
> There, I found the file calAuthUtils.jsm in the modules sub directory.
> I've found that if I overwrite the "cal.auth.Prompt.prototype"
> definition/code block, with the version from lightning-1.0b2.105i
> (Inverse Edition for the 3.x release), and of course, re-zip the
> extension back up and re-install it, I get the old behavior of only
> being prompted to enter my password twice, once for mail and once for
> all of my calendars.
> This appears to work on Linux and OSX with 17.0.2.
> I've yet to test with the 10.x series or with Windows but I suspect its
> the same issue.
> I believe it has to do with the way the authentication realms are being
> handled for CalDAV auth, but I'm no expert.
> Hope maybe this will help and not break too much stuff.
> Seems to work.

Is there something new regarding this toppic? Since I moved from TB10 to
TB17 I got the master password login dialog three times on my linux box
as well (with the old TB10 I had it on windows only). I have to type in
the password only once and can close the other two boxes by hitting ESC
button.

Regards
Martin