Hi,

I have continued trying to get OpenChange to work with SOGo, but still
unsuccessful, and have not received any feedback to guide me to the problem.  I
do have some more information.  I initially suspected an IMAP authentication
problem, but now I am not so sure.

I believe I have covered the IMAP trust issue.  I have Cyrus-IMAP running 2
instances - 'imap' listening on the server IP and 'imaplocal' listening on the
loopback address.  'imap' has pwcheck_method = saslauthd while 'imaplocal' has
pwcheck_method = alwaystrue as per the setup guide.

With this I can login at the server using the imtest utility with my testuser
AD account and any password, so this should be correct.

My testing shows 2 scenarios, depending on how I configure SOGo:

1. Set SOGoIMAPServer = server.example.com
Using the SOGo web GUI the testuser AD account can login OK.  saslauthd shows
successful authentication by testuser, and Cyrus reports successful
authentication in maillog by testuser and service 'imap'.  testuser can see
mail, contacts and calendar.
Starting Outlook and login as testuser, Outlook will open and says it is
connected to Exchange, but there is no mail folder creation and no mail items
visible.  In the maillog Cyrus service 'imap' reports authentication failed for
testuser.  This is oviously the IMAP trust issue.  So...

2. Set SOGoIMAPServer = localhost
The testuser can still login via SOGo web GUI.  Cyrus now shows successful
authentication in maillog by testuser on service 'imaplocal'.  No activity
reported by saslauthd, as expected, because pwcheck_method = alwaystrue.  Looks
good up to here, but...
Starting Outlook and login as testuser, Outlook will hang at the splash screen
for 12 minutes (every time) before finally opening.  When it does there is no
folder creation, but I can see existing mail in Inbox/Sent folders.  I can view
contacts, but selecting calendar crashes Outlook.  When Outlook does open Cyrus
reports a successful authentication in the maillog by testuser on service
'imaplocal'.

This would suggest to me that there is no problem with Cyrus-IMAP or SASL, but
the problem is OpenChange.

Furthermore, in both scenarios above, once Outlook is started I see 100% CPU
usage on the server.  The process consuming this is 'paster'.  paster is part
of the python-paste-script package, required by python-pylons, required by
openchange-ocsmanager.  The only way to free the CPU is to restart the
openchange-ocsmanager service.

I have followed the guide and tested everything systematically but still cannot
make it work.  SOGo itself appears to be stable and works through its web GUI
so I am happy to use it, but OpenChange seems to me to be still experimental
and not something I can use in a live system.  I think I will have to give up
for now and wait until OpenChange reaches greater maturity.

Stephen Jones