Hi guys,

I'm late to the party (sorry), but this is an issue I've been struggling with
myself as of late.

Bit of background: I have a number of clients that use ms outlook to connect to
their company mail/PIM @ Google Apps, and I've been looking for ways to do the
bi-directional PIM RW-sync via an Open Protocol - i.e. WebDAV/CalDAV/CardDAV -
rather than using the Google fat client & MAPI/exchange reverse-engineer
effort.

(I've seen the posts & know what you're talking about, but) I've actually
contacted Google support on the clients' behalf & they've assured me that there
are no immediate plans to deprecate server-side support for CalDAV & CardDAV
Open Standards/Protocols (SyncML is deprecated). As you know, this is the
de-facto standard for comms with iOS, OS/X & now WiMo.
There does seem to be a bit of confusion around the issue, so I'll try &
contact them again to get some clarity.

Anyway, Open Standards/Protocols @ ms/outlook looks like a lost cause (they're
only interested in exchange/activesync), and the closest I've come to finding
WebDAV integration/support for outlook is iCal4OL (proprietary - no viable
FLOSS options available atm).

For ThunderBird I've had some pretty good (not perfect) success with:
* CalDAV: Lightning (not the g'cal connector) by subscribing to
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/$CalID/events - just disable the
notification option, as there is a long-standing bug (a few years now) that
prevents notifications from being dismissed
* CardDAV: Zindus looks OK

I am aware that SOGo has interoperability components to address the issue, but
another that could assist in this is the DAViCAL (http://www.davical.org/)
server, that can provide some interoperability between various standards.

I'm not sure if I caught  the gist of the conversation here of if this
information is of any use.

Kind regards

- Jaco