On 27/06/13 21:45, Steven Swarts wrote:
Ah well that would mean I need to do a lot of manual reading. Ok well thanks for the reply's guys.*/

Regards,/*

*/Steven Swarts/*

On 27/06/2013 5:25 AM, Jonathan Goyette wrote:
No lies, 2 weeks ago I didn't know anything about postfix, cyrus, how to setup an ldap server, sasl or anything related to a 'business linux mail server'..... and thanksfully, with alot of effort, I managed to learn about all of those modules and setup a working lab composed of postfix, cyrus-imap, ldap, sogo, sasl and some startls etc etc. I just finished making everything work with the thunderbird addon today and I must admit that I find this alternative very interesting so far !! :)

Thanks alot for this :D

to get back on the topic, I would admit that it is a little hard to find good information that looks like 'course' or good tutorial that really covers everything. I believe that this is simply because all those things are heavily configurable and most of the tutorial I saw lacked alot of information. Hell, just postfix in itself is a beast when it comes down to the amount of possible option settings there is!

I personally chose self training, by reading alot of the original manual, mixed with a few trial errors from some tutorials, more reading! and well, make a lab with some vm (I use virtual box..) and fix some objective... Then in the process you might have a better idea of what kind of course you're looking for and might even find it yourself ;p hehe, well that was just my 2 cents. no need to flame me on that :D

in the process of building sogo I figured out that there is so much différent things you can use...

Just as an example, I found out that you have Directory389, slapd, apacheDS or even freeipa. Oh well, sorry for the lack of reference, and good luck :)

Jonathan G.