Hi,

On 12 Jun 2014, at 14:46, <dyl...@tecmed.co.za> <dyl...@tecmed.co.za> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am currently the network administrator for a Mid-Size business in South
> Africa with about 300 users. We currently use 3 imap based mail servers on
> FreeBSD. I have been tasked with creating a new more modern email
> infrastructure with features that exchange holds, however the financial cost
> of exchange is significant and management would prefer going with an "open
> source" solution based on Linux.

That is very clever of your management. My experience is quite opposite - they
are very eager to throw bucks at hosted exchange solution, only to find out
shortcomings afterwards (lack of backups, lack of SSO, etc.).

> After some playing around, I think that Sogo is the route, replacing the 3
> mail servers with 1 inside our HO.

SOGo is probably the best thing around you can use for this purpose - yes.

> My user's currently are pop'ing their mail onto their laptops etc, there for
> contacts, calendar and mail are sitting locally in their machines. This brings
> me to my question, is there a possibility of import their existing PST files
> into Sogo? or what would be the best solution for getting the mail into their
> sogo account?

Your users would have to copy email from local folders to IMAP server. This is
quite trivial actually.

Ideal client side solution for use with SOGo is
Thunderbird+Lightning+SOGo-Connector or SOGo webmail access.
There are some limitations when using Outlook you should probably be aware of.
Happy to summarise if anyone is interested.

Best Regards
Martin.