From: users-requ...@sogo.nu [mailto:users-requ...@sogo.nu] On Behalf Of
Christian Mack
Sent: 12 June 2014 03:05 PM
To: users@sogo.nu
Subject: Re: [SOGo] New Email Infrastructure

Hello Dylan

Am 2014-06-12 14:46, schrieb dyl...@tecmed.co.za:

> I am currently the network administrator for a Mid-Size business in South
> Africa with about 300 users. We currently use 3 imap based mail servers on
> FreeBSD. I have been tasked with creating a new more modern email
> infrastructure with features that exchange holds, however the financial cost
> of exchange is significant and management would prefer going with an "open
> source" solution based on Linux.
>
> After some playing around, I think that Sogo is the route, replacing the 3
> mail servers with 1 inside our HO.
>
> My user's currently are pop'ing their mail onto their laptops etc, there for
> contacts, calendar and mail are sitting locally in their machines. This brings
> me to my question, is there a possibility of import their existing PST files
> into Sogo? or what would be the best solution for getting the mail into their
> sogo account?
>
> Hopefully someone can be of assistance!!

As your user use POP3, you can only move the mails from their computers
to the server.
You can add an additional IMAP/ActiveSync/MAPI account in Outlook.
Create the same folders in there as are currently available local.
Then move the emails up into that account within Outlook.

AFAIK there is no automation tool that does that.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416