Hi Christian,

If it is an address book in SOGo, then it is used for auto completion.

It is easy to speed up an LDAP. Just give it more memory.
We have our openLDAP servers set up, so that they run their complete
database in memory (~18000 accounts).
Ok, clear. However, the ldap is an external AD server, with *many* records. (I guess 20.000 or so)

Looking up a single email address (over port 3268) works *instantly*, but the ldap query that is generated by SOGo webaccess takes 5 to 8 seconds to complete.

Searching the archives here, I guess the actual query will look something like

ldapsearch -x -LLL -P 3 -h a.b.c.d:3268 -D "CN=login,DC=Company,DC=COM" -W -b "DC=company,DC=com" -s sub "(|(sn=heupink*)(displayName=heupink*)(telephoneNumber=heupink*)(mail=heupink*)(cn=heupink*))" cn userprincipalname mail sn manager sAMAccountName

And testing this on cli, confirms that this takes 5 to 8 seconds to complete.

This takes too log to be practical.

Then perhaps... is there a way to *adjust* the outgoing query for this particular ldap usersource to make it quicker?

Or... do you guys here have some tips (adding some indexes perhaps?) that I could request to the admins on the external AD side, to make our SOGo query complete faster?

Thanks!