Pablo,

Am 01.07.2016 um 13:41 Uhr schrieb Pablo Abelenda (pabele...@igalia.com):
We are trying SOGo as a calendar solution so the web mail module is
disabled. A lot of the users manage all the appointments and tasks using
Thunderbird/Icedove.
with the SOGo Add-ons I assume!?

Using this tools, they are allowed to invite people
using the canonical name but also the aliases. The thing is that, if
they use the alias, the appointments are not created, for obvious reasons.
I just tested something.
An internal user is some.u...@example.com, which shows free/busy.
If I create a contact in my personal address book with name "nickname" and the mail address some.u...@example.com, I can invite the nickname with autocomplete just fine and the free/busy is fetched by the correct mail address. So the invitation will be just fine, I suppose.

Is this what you want?

If you want nickn...@example.com as alternative mail address for some user, I think you have to store it in you user source too.

Marc