users-requ...@sogo.nu wrote on 03.08.2017 11:38:47:

> Then focus is back on the ssl certificte, as that is also what outlook
> iself complains about. Perhaps outlook doesn't like a wildcard certificate.

I don't know if that is really the problem. However, as far as I have gathered,
wildcard certificates are considered harmful, anyway.

In addition, recently at least all relevant browsers (perhaps Outlook, too?)
were changed so that they refuse certificates that do not include a SAN
(subject alternative name) record for the FQDN of the host, even when it is
identical to the subject of the certificate. You may want to check this.
Some RFC seems to dictate this.

Kai-Uwe Rommel