hello siegfried,
hello sg gs, thanks for Your answer.

not sure if i got you right (created a test user and added several
calendars called room1, room,..)

OK, our Idea of using SOSo as a replacement of mrbs was like this:

Take a little shop with three rooms as an example, the rooms are used to
offer some service to the clients of the shop.
The service for the clients takes some time, say from 15 Minutes to 2 hours.
The idea was to create one user in SOGo called Shop1 and create three calendars, room1, room2, and room3. Because the rooms can be used by only one client at a time, it is necessary that there can be only one appointment per room at a distinct time.
And that is the thing that didn't work in our test of SOGo.

You see:
The goal is not that every worker in the shop gets one calendar,
no, every room has to have one calendar.

I hope, I could make my problem more clear.

maybe it's best to reate the roms as ldap resources (see
https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html 5.4. Authentication
using LDAP ff), kind = thing specifying a MultipleBookingsFieldName and
setting it to 1.
We tried to avoid to use ldap and use only mysql.

btw: is there a reason to use version 2.3.* - why not use 3.2.* ?
I know it's a matter of taste, but we don't like the new GUI at all.
And, at least in our testing, the GUI of 2.X seemed to be faster than that of 3.X.

Best Regards, Siegfried
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Siegfried Kurz

Hörakustik-Informationstechnik John GmbH
Benzstraße 34
D-71083 Herrenberg
Telefon  (07032) 92964-0
Telefax. (07032) 92964-29