Hi Marki

> On Oct 25, 2018, at 4:55 AM, marki (list+sogous...@roth.lu) <users@sogo.nu>
> wrote:
>
> Just wanted to give some feedback and a question or two about installation of
> nightly on Ubuntu 18.04 since "apt-get install sogo" sounded too good to be
> true, and it was.
>
> First, I needed to include Ubuntu's "universe" repos in order for
> dependencies to be fulfilled. In any case
> https://sogo.nu/support/faq/how-to-install-nightly-sogo-versions-on-ubuntu.html
>  has no mention of this.

AFAIK, Universe is enabled by default. But I will add a notice in the FAQ entry.

> Then, the packages don't have a dependency on Apache, at least I found out
> later that I had to install Apache manually.
>
> Furthermore, the Apache config file is put into /etc/apache2/conf.d/ while it
> belongs into /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ on that platform.

Actually, it should be under /etc/apache2/conf-available/. I'll fix that.

FYI -- SOGo depends on a Web server, but it doesn't have to be Apache.

If you use Apache, than you can enable the bundled configuration using the
command "a2enconf SOGo". I'll improve the packaging to automate this part.

> Now I am stuck with the user being able to successfully authenticate (SQL
> auth or LDAP auth both working) but after auth it returns to the login
> screen. I've enabled all possible debugging but can't figure out why it
> doesn't go further. Any idea?

This usually happens when the server returns a cookie associated to a domain
different than the one used to access SOGo. You can force a specific domain by
modifying the SOGo.conf file for Apache (see
https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_apache_configuration).

Thanks for your feedback,

Francis