Hello

Your self signed certificate is a CA certificate :-)

On FreeBSD you have to:
sudo cp my-rootCA.crt /etc/ssl/certs/
sudo chmod 0644 /etc/ssl/certs/my-rootCA.crt
sudo chown root:wheel /etc/ssl/certs/my-rootCA.crt
sudo openssl x509 -noout -hash -in /etc/ssl/certs/my-rootCA.crt

The last command gives you some String, e.g. 5d3b9418
Use that in the following command:
sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/my-rootCA.crt /etc/ssl/certs/5d3b9418.0

That's it.

Of course you have to do that for both self signed certificates from
your two servers.

On 16.12.21 17:01, HYVERNAT Philippe (p.hyver...@outlook.fr) wrote:
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> i use FreeBSD 13 OS , so where can i place and make a ca certificate ?
>
> my smtp  and imap server are on a different hosts each one
>
> smtp : 172.30.20.121
>
> imap : 172.30.20.131
>

> Le 16/12/2021 à 13:24, Christian Mack (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) a
> écrit :
>> Hello
>>
>> This is your problem.
>> You have to tell your OS, which CA you use.
>>
>> Which OS are you using?
>>
>> In Debian you have to add it by:
>> sudo cp my-rootCA.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
>> sudo update-ca-certificates
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Christian Mack
>>
>> On 16.12.21 09:38, HYVERNAT Philippe (p.hyver...@outlook.fr) wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> no i haven't and i use the name of the host present in the certifiate
>>> (using also openssl s_client..... command to connect and show the host)
>>>
>>> It is a self signed certificate, is it a problem ? ssl error :
>>> unknown ca
>>>
>>> Thanks

Universität Konstanz