Am 25.04.2024 schrieb "Alexandru Sauciuc"
(alexandru.sauc...@lauterbach.com) <users@sogo.nu>:

> While looking for alternatives, we found out that SOGo is actually
> maintaining two versions, one of which (2.x) offers Outlook native
> support (over openchange).

Is there a reason you are fixed to Outlook?
You can choose any other CalDAV application.

> Now the question is, how maintained is the 2.x really?

For me it looks like it isn't maintained anymore.
It is also not shown on the website anymore. 2022 a demo for SOGo 2 was
on the website.
The owner of SOGo changed (inverse to Alinto) and maybe they decided to
drop support for version 2.

> Is the version 2.x safe to use in production?

I wouldn't switch to that. As you said, no real work is being done and
I assume there won't be in future.