Hi,

First, you should use the latest 8.11.3 which has a lot of fixes.

Your setup could work if the regions are connected with really low latency and
high bandwidth.

Your description suggests that your Solr-ZK connection is not as it should.

A few assumptions for this to work:
* You ave installed ZK correctly as one five-node ensemble, and validated it
works flawlessly
* All your Solr nodes lists all five ZK nodes in ZK_HOST, e.g.
ZK_HOST=zk1:2181,zk2:2182,zk3:2181,zk4:2181,zk5:2181

You'll have to provide more information regarding your exact configuration
and/or error log messages to get further on this.

Jan