Hi,

Indeed, Solr 8.11 used zk client v3.6.2, but I believe it will also work with
newer 3.x versions,  you can test this locally on your laptop first to be sure.

Note also that network resolution should work between all nodes on the FQDN.
So if your ZK1 node is called ZK1.region3.example.com and is on ip 10.0.1.1
then it should be routable on that FQDN address from all solr and zk nodes, and
a reverse lookup on IP should also return the same host name.

Jan