From: "Loren Wilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > However you should examine what proportion of mail nowadays, arriving
from
> > the internet, *is* addressed to multiple users in the one SMTP
> > transaction.  This may appear to be a major failing, but in my
experience
> > it's just not, in real-world use.
>
> In my experience, virtually all multi-address mail that I receive (and ALL
> multi-address mail where all destinations are at the same ISP) are spam.
>
> Thus an acceptable solution would be to automatically tag all
multi-address
> mail as spam.  :-)

The bigger the ISP the less true this will be. Since the most local ISP
here is two people that's a generally good rule. If the email includes
Earthlink addresses beyond the two if us it's likely spam. I'd give a
modest score to multiple addressed email in general usage. That way
ad hoc mailing lists that last a couple weeks would not get penalized
too badly.

{^_-}