> There should never be more than (--max-children) + 1 spamd processes
> running; if anyone can catch a server doing otherwise, and figure out
> *why*, we'd much appreciate it ;)

This was a bit of a coincidence. Read this email this morning, and then
30mins ago my SA server slowed to a absolute crawl. Managed to (VERY slowly)
get a ssh session going, the machine had completely run out of memory and
was hitting swap very heavily.

Doing a 'ps ax | grep spamd | wc -l' showed 58 processes! I have it
configured to run 25 normally (this is a busy server).

Sorry, I didn't have time to poke around - I had to reset the box to get
mail running again.

Running SA 3.0.1.

Gav