Sean Doherty wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 14:14, Dave Goodrich wrote:

Sean Doherty wrote:

I will look into that, I didn't set it as I want no network to be trusted. I'll reread what I can find on that.

Just set trusted_network 127.0.0.1

Yes, this fixed it.

Since you hit ALL_TRUSTED certain other DNS based tests are not run.

Eh? Where do I find this out?

Check out trusted_network section of Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
i.e no RBL tests on trusted networks.
"If you're running with DNS checks enabled, SpamAssassin includes code to infer your trusted networks on the fly, so this may not be necessary. (Thanks to Scott Banister and Andrew Flury for the inspiration for this algorithm.) This inference works as follows:"

This seems backwards to me. If a user does nothing, then his network will be considered trusted by default? We are an ISP, and SA is running on our toasters. I don't want any machine trusted as that leaves a door open for my smtp relay users (viruses, trojans, just bad folks) to spam local users.

JMHO, but shouldn't all networks be considered untrusted unless a user specifies otherwise?

DAve

-- Systems Administrator http://www.tls.net Get rid of Unwanted Emails...get TLS Spam Blocker!