On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use spamassassin 2.63 on fedora core 2.
> I have two problems :
>
> 1. Spamassassin does not flag all spam, although muy level is at 3. Sometimes
> he
> doesn't even have ONE hit on a spam message !!!.
>
> 2. I want to move the spam messages to a specific folder, how to do that ?.
>

> My procmail.log says :

> >From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thu Nov  4 09:57:10 2004
>  Subject: A SPECIFIC SUBJECT
>   Folder: /var/spool/mail/THE USER'S LOGIN
> procmail: Incomplete recipe
>

> My local.cf in spamassassin folder is like this :
> rewrite_subject 1
> subject_tag [*****ATTENTION SPAM*****]
> report_safe 0
>
> use_bayes 1
> auto_learn 1
>
> # Spam domains
>
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Here is my procmailrc file :

> LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
>
> :0 fw
> * < 256000
> | /usr/bin/spamc -f
>
> :0:

> Can someone help me out ?.
>

> /hitete

I have been doing this and it works like a charm even with 2.63.  I
would advise you to use 3.0.1 it is much much faster.  Some things you
need to consider are the following:

1. When you set up your local.cf file you must rewrite the Subject line
to identify the message as spam.

In the SA 3.0.1 local.cf file Located in /etc/mail/spamassassin/ I use
the following two lines  (check the syntax in 2.63 becuase it is a
little differnt)

required_hits 5
rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]

In the /etc/procmailrc file I use the following entries:

MAILDIRLOG=/smile$HOME/Mail
DROPPRIVS=YES

:0fw
 * < 256000
 | spamc

 # This routine will dump your spam
 :0 H
 * ^Subject:.*\[SPAM\]
 $MAILDIRLOG/spam.log

Please note that the directory you want to save the spam in must have
proper user protections and you must drop to user privileges within
procmail before you activate spamc. spamc of course requires the use of
the spamd daemon.

These suggestions are basic things for most on this list, but if you are
new to using these tools it will save you some look up and experimenting
time.

Good Luck!!!

Greg