On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 10:40:49 -0600
David Jones wrote:

> On 01/04/2018 10:04 AM, RW wrote:

> > Are you sure that's right? It's a radically different frequency from
> > 0.5% and 0.8%. IIWY I'd look at the 4 and check they are what you
> > think they are and not something like
> >

> My production MailScanner instance has a highly tuned MTA in front of
> it so SA doesn't see as much spam.  The amavis instance is
> intentionally open to more spam to collect for the nightly masscheck
> processing.

That's not obviously relevant since I was referring to the
frequency of mails missing BAYES_99 within emails hitting BAYES_999.

> > ... rules: meta test FOO has dependency 'BAYES_999' with a zero
> > score
>
> If I had BAYES_99 set to a zero score, it would never show up in my
> logs.

As I said, they are bogus warnings. I think it's a known issue.

I have BAYES_999 scored and  I get 3 such matches per spamd restart
using your grep patterns. Your 4 seem highly suspicious.

Until you manually check those 4, or retry with better grep patterns,
you don't really know what's happening.