On 01/18/2018 02:09 PM, Chip wrote:
Newbie excited to use the features of SpamAssassin for a new project
that needs to flag inbound email for sorting into foldersĀ  (this can be
done via cpanel-level filtering) based on keywords in headers (header
search by SA).

This is a Centos 6.9 machine running cpanel/WHM 11.68.0.23 and
SpamAssassin version 3.4.1 running on Perl version 5.10.1.

I would like to TURN OFF any and all Spam Identification features and
only leave behind SpamAssassin's examination of headers and subsequent
Subject modification based on keywords in headers (such as keywords in
DKIM or SPF, etc)

1) Can this be done, and;

2) What tweaks need to be made to SA in its configuration files to make
it happen, and;

3) what else is recommended here.

Thank you.

Not exactly sure what you want to disable but setting a score of 0 will disable a rule. You may need to gather up a list of all rules and score most of them 0 in your local.cf.

You might just set the required score to 999 in whatever is launching spamassassin so it doesn't block anything. Then have MDA (Dovecot sieve) rules to sort into folders based on hits in the X-Spam-Status header.

I do something similar for my spamassassin masscheck box where I intentionally let down my defenses at the MTA not using any RBLs and then sort messages into a Ham or Spam folder based on score and rule hits.

--
David Jones