Thank you Shanew for the suggestion.

I'm tied to a Cpanel/WHM VPS which can't be changed.  Give that there
are some restrictions such as the use of Exim.  Exim apparently does not
play nice with mimedefang and only partially nice with procmail - at
least as I've tested it.  I would actually prefer to use procmail, but
it is a bit of heavy lifting to learn.

The good part of Cpanel/WHM is that it has filters easily employed on a
per email account basis that triggers off the subject line for
allocating the email to specific folders.  I just need a way to change
the subject via SA based on what SA finds in the headers.

SA does change the subject (I know, I know, changing the content of an
email is considered a no-no but in this case we are not talking about
legalities).  In this specific use it's just for internal sorting of
email into specific folders as appropriate based on a subject line that
SA will create based on it's examination of the headers, and the sorting
happens on a per account basis by /etc/vfilters created by Cpanel/WHM in
an easy-to-use gui interface.