Good question.

Saying why I care about spf and dkim but not spam sounds contradictory,
I know.

The reason is because this project doesn't care if spam arrives, only if
the spam or email (even authenticated properly email) is spoofed.

We are doing checks on senders and the likelihood of a spoofed from
email address/domain together with an authentic spf and/or dkim is
*less* likely than a spoofed from email address without any spf/dkim.
Collecting statistics, I guess you could say.