On 11.02.18 19:09, Hendrik Haddorp wrote:
I have a maildir with about 20000 mails. In the past this does not seem to have been a problem. But since a few weeks my sa-learn process dies with an OOM now.

do you run sa-learn over whole maildir all the time?
why?

My server has only 1GB of memory with another GB for swap. sa-learn is eating up pretty much the complete memory for the run and is only able to finish when I stop everything else. Why is sa-learn using more and more memory even when it learned all those messages already in the past? Is there a way to limit the memory usage except from making the set of messages smaller?

you are not supposed to repeatedly call sa-learn over huge maildir.

calling over new mail (or, better, false-positives and false-negatives) is
faster and won't eat all your memory.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)