On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, David Jones wrote:

My SA filters just received 45 unsolicited junk emails from Office 365 that hit ENCRYPTED_MESSAGE which subtracted a point. Looking at 72_active.cf, the description for this rule is:

"Message is encrypted, not likely to be spam"

The body of the email was a MIME attachment of application/pkcs7-mime so SA didn't have access to it for body content rules.

I am seriously thinking about changing the score on this rule locally to 1.0 or 2.0 to add points if SA can't do any body checks.

I'd recommend against that. It would be better to do offsetting scores in a meta rule...

Outlook and Outlook Web was able to display the email automatically. This may be a new feature that we are about to see more often to hide spam from SA.

It also hit BAYES_00 (not much can be done to change that), DCC_CHECK, PYZOR_CHECK, and FSL_BULK_SIG to score 2.88.

...e.g. ENCRYPTED_MESSAGE && (DCC_CHECK || PYZOR_CHECK || FSL_BULK_SIG) as bulk encrypted mail seems unlikely

...or possibly ENCRYPTED_MESSAGE && FREEMAIL_FROM

  Christian martyrs don't explode.                         -- Marisol
 Today: George Washington's 286th Birthday