On Sun, 4 Nov 2018, Benny Pedersen wrote:

is it a problem ?

i think it should be solved to make configfiles local dns resolved only, if at all it needs to be dns

so cf changes to cf.localdomain or cf.localhost, not just use cf with is a valid cctlds :(

is cf.local valid and where ?

i have not maked a bug on it yet, but will start here to hear what should be done

Changing the configuration file naming standard is a non-trivial change that will affect every single user of SA and require that they rename files.

As Grant noted, DNS and filesystems are different namespaces. I'll admit a filename can look like a domain name - that's been the case with DOS/Windows since .COM was defined as a TLD.

How is that *practically* a problem? When does anyone do DNS lookups on SA config filenames?

A specific case of this being a problem will be needed for such a change to even be considered.

  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
                                           -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
 Today: Daylight Saving Time ends in U.S. - Fall Back