Whenever I get an attachment that fails SA (or was sent to the SA list and moderated) I throw it at VirusTotal to see what they have to say.

Pretty much everything recently (last 6-9 months) doesn't get detected by ClamAV, so I submit them as samples.

Is this unusual? Is ClamAV typically behind like this? Are they suffering from resource shortages (e.g. in the feeds and evaluation teams)?

Just curious.

  ...intellectuals have no interest in what _creates_ wealth, and
  what _inhibits_ the creation of wealth. They are very concerned
  about the _distribution_ of it, but they act as if wealth just
  exists somehow. It's like manna from heaven, it's only a
  question of how we split it up.                    -- Thomas Sowell
 4 days until Veterans Day