On 16.06.19 15:41, @lbutlr wrote:
When I send an mail from my home machine to a user who is local to my mail
server, SpamAssassin (via spmass-milter) tags the mail as spam entirely
because my home IP is in the PBL blacklist.  Which of course, it is and it
should be.

However, since the mail is actually originating on my server with an
authenticated connection, it seems the RBL check should be able to be
avoided?

       by mail.covisp.net(Postfix 3.4.5/8.13.0) with SMTP id unknown;
       Sun, 16 Jun 2019 15:26:32 -0600
       (envelope-from <kr...@kreme.com>)

if the mail was authenticated, it should contain ESMTPA or ESMTPSA instead
of SMTP.

Note that spamass-milter fakes the first Received: header (because milter
must get message as it is received from mail client), but lack of "A" in the
SMTP indicates that your mail is not really authenticated.

Obviously I do not want to lower the scores for the three criteria that put
me over the limit on these emails, but similarly I do not want my mail to
other people on the server getting tagged as spam (nor there mail to me). I have my current IP in the SpamAssassin-milter with the -I flag, but the
IP changes and this isn’t a solution for others sending mail to local
accounts from local accounts.

Postfix main.cf:
smtpd_milters =
   unix:/var/run/spamass-milter.sock,
milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v {if_name} _
#milter_default_action = tempfail
milter_default_action = accept

/usr/local/sbin/spamass-milter -f -p /var/run/spamass-milter.sock -u spamd -e
-i 65.121.55.40/29 -i 73.14.161.160 -i 127.0.0.1 -r 10

Seems like the -I fall should be taking care of this for me, at present.

should, if auth works.

But how do I tell spamass-milter not to check for PBL and other similar
tests on mails from local users to local users?

don't. This is exactly what spammers try for years to avoid being detected.

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)