On Friday 29 May 2020 at 17:40:42, @lbutlr wrote:

> How do people deal with lists that a user subscribed to that require
> logging in to an account to unsubscribe?

Well, as you say in your Subject, this isn't spam; it's just email that the
user asked for but has decided they no longer want.

> Most legitimate mails have a simple unsubscribes list, but many online
> stores seem to "forget" to do this.

Surely they do not forget to have a "forgot my password" option, though?

> I can't just blacklist the IPs because some people want these emails.

My opinion is: it's not your (as email admin) problem - it's the user's
problem.  They signed up for it; they can sign out of it.  If they no longer
know their password, they can use the "forgot password" mechanism to get back
in again, and turn off the emails they no longer want.

Basically, I don't think this is a problem you need to try to solve, because
it's something the users did themselves - it's not like some miscreant has
discovered their email address and is sending stuff they *really* don't want to
see (and is probably sending to several other of your users too) - that you
can block, but this is genuine email which the user signed up for, and is
responsible for signing out of.

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.