On Friday 10 July 2020 at 11:02:23, Matthew Broadhead wrote:

> i tried to set up bayes training before but i feel that i was unsuccessful.

It would be helpful to know what gives you that feeling.

How are you training and how are you testing?

> is there a definitive guide on setting this up on postfix with amavis?  if my
> user were the one that was training it for the other users that would be
> ideal

In general, Bayes works best when each user trains for the ham and the spam
that *they* receive - you can share Bayes databases between users, but it's
less effective.

Do remember also that Bayes *needs* to be fed ham as well as spam for it to be
able to learn the difference - it's not just a question of giving it all the
spam you receive and assuming it can work out from that what isn't spam.

Regards,

Antony.

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.