On 10.07.20 17:35, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
should i be going to the dovecot team with this problem?

On 10/07/2020 14:26, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
i am starting to remember that sa-learn is being called from dovecot

yeah, very good idea.

in dovecot/conf.d/90-plugin.conf i have
plugin {
  # man antispam
  #setting_name = value
  antispam_debug_target = syslog
  antispam_verbose_debug = 1

  antispam_backend = pipe
  antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
  # action to take on mails without signature
  # (used with any backend requiring a signature)
  # (we recommend only setting this to 'move' after verifying that the
  # whole setup is working)
  # antispam_signature_missing = move # move silently without training
  antispam_signature_missing = error

  antispam_trash = Trash
  antispam_spam = Junk
  antispam_pipe_program_spam_arg = --spam
  antispam_pipe_program_notspam_arg = --ham
  antispam_pipe_program = /usr/bin/sa-learn
  antispam_pipe_program_args = --username=%Lu
}

amavisd-new runs under amavis user, so the username is either not used, or
breaks things up.

where did you set up SQL BAYES?
if it's in spamassassin's local.cf, passed username may not matter
(I haven't tried...)