On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 15:01 -0700, jdow wrote:
> On 20200710 13:43:21, Bill Cole wrote:
> > On 10 Jul 2020, at 8:37, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> >
> > >       I do agree that accept works better than welcome here.
> >
> > There's a practical issue in that: we have the WLBLEval plugin that
> > has cemented
> > the initial.
> >
> > FWIW, the use of "blocklist" in spamfighting goes back to the '90s,
> > when the
> > primary resistance to "blacklist" was by people who were
> > uncomfortable with its
> > McCarthyist connotation.
>
> Well, Bill, it was stupid then. What makes it not stupid today? The
> exact same
> logic applies, doesn't it?

And the term 'blacklist' goes back a long way: first documented use was
in 1639. Next l=use seems to have been Charles II of England, in 1660,
when he constructed a 'black list' of people he intended to punish for
killing his father, Charles I so any connection with skin colour seems
to be entirely irrelevant since in that era it would be referring to the
black souls of the regicides.

Martin