On 12/14/2020 1:27 PM, AJ Weber wrote:

if you are using RH based Linux distros, just put the attached configuration file under /etc/mail/spamassassin/channels.d/

Apologies for the naive question;  I'm running CentOS 7, SA 3.4.3.  I don't have that channels.d directory by default.  I've been running a more traditional cron update:

9 3 * * * /usr/local/bin/sa-update --gpgkey 6C6191E3 --channel updates.spamassassin.org && /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart

Can I simplify by putting a conf file for the default updates and the KAM updates config into that location, then just run "sa-update && spamassassin restart" in cron?

Thanks for any tips.

You can run it like this:

/usr/local/bin/sa-update --channelfile /path/to/channelfile.txt --gpgkeyfile /path/to/keyfile.txt

The channelfile.txt contains one channel per line and the keyfile.txt contains one key id per line.

--
Bowie