On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, John Hardin wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, Dominic Raferd wrote:

On 21/02/2021 20:09, Benny Pedersen wrote:
On 2021-02-21 19:44, Dominic Raferd wrote:

Presumably interfacefm.com has been hacked, but not to the extent that
they can intercept incoming replies.

I stand corrected; but as they specify p=none, the mail must still pass.

in what way should it pass ?

dmarc tests spf, dkim, and opendmarc from github trunk validates arc chains aswell, there is no garenti that anything pass

only sendgrid maked that mistake, sorry sendgrid

p=none is an instruction from the domain controller *not* to reject emails from their domain even when they fail DMARC testing. So the end result is that this mail should pass through DMARC testing.

DMARC is a red herring here. My original question wouldn't be relevant if the sending domain had an enforced DMARC policy (p=quarantine|reject), but they don't.

Michael's suggestion is interesting. There is a github project allowing Levenshtein numbers to be calculated and used in SA, I will see if there is a way to apply it in this situation. Thanks to all for their input.

It would have to be a plugin, and there's a CPAN module for calculating Levenshtein numbers so most of the heavy lifting is already done.

Sigh. Ignore that, that's exactly what it is. I need to stop replying so quickly to stuff.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Avatar: the highest grossing Pocahontas remake ever. -- Chris Sauer
 Tomorrow: George Washington's 289th Birthday