On Mon, 22 Feb 2021, RW wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 16:32:01 -0800 (PST)
John Hardin wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, John Hardin wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, Dominic Raferd wrote:

Michael's suggestion is interesting. There is a github project
allowing Levenshtein numbers to be calculated and used in SA, I
will see if there is a way to apply it in this situation. Thanks
to all for their input.

It would have to be a plugin, and there's a CPAN module for
calculating Levenshtein numbers so most of the heavy lifting is
already done.

Sigh. Ignore that, that's exactly what it is. I need to stop replying
so quickly to stuff.

I don't think there was anything wrong in pointing out that it's
available from CPAN.

There is also a Damerau–Levenshtein version which is probably a better
choice as the transposition of two adjacent characters counts as 1
difference rather than 2.

I was more sighing about: "allowing ... to be ... used in SA" "It would have to be a plugin"

:)

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
 Today: George Washington's 289th Birthday