On Sat, 24 Apr 2021, Steve Dondley wrote:

On 2021-04-23 05:41 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 2021-04-23 at 16:28 -0400, Steve Dondley wrote:
I'm experimenting with writing a library of my own SA rules and
scores.

Treat this like any other code development project: use a rule
development SA installation like I describe so you never develop rules
using the live mail stream. This way your rules will be better written
and tested and you'll cause fewer false positives in your live mail
stream.

Sounds like the best plan. Thanks for the advice.

And if you want to test your rules against a corpus rather than testing against a few one-off spamples, then look into setting up a local masscheck instance. You don't need to upload the results to SA, but it will give you a good overview of how a rule behaves against multiple messages.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Human beings are born with different capacities.
  If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal,
  they are not free.                        -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
 329 days since the first private commercial manned orbital mission (SpaceX)