Us: "We don't *know* exactly why this was rejected, you'll have to contact the sender some other way and get them to check with their mail provider."

Sender: "But your server sent it back to me!  Fix it!"

Sender: "But your server sent it back to me!  Fix it!"

(repeat until the concept gets through - some cases I'm trying to repress memory of went more than five rounds of trying to find a new say to say the same thing over and over AND OVER.)

We naturally ask to take a look at the original message if possible and make some guesses as to what's getting up the recipient filter's nose... but in the end they *are* just guesses, and sometimes even a mostly blank test email also gets rejected.

-kgd