Justin Mason wrote:

A BL would probably be helpful -- but sadly some *really big* networks
(Earthlink's challenge-response) and companies (Fortune 500s) produce
these bounces, too, so it'd have serious FP potential, since those mail
relay IP addresses produce both the bounces and the legit mail.
- --j.

My suggestion had a bit of activism included.  I don't want to reject just
the bounce messages from these mail systems, I want to reject ALL mail from
those systems, but do so at the MTA level so I'm not causing the annoying
bounce problem I'm trying to solve.  Companies who have these bounce
messages and confirmation emails are actually doing damage to innocent
bystanders
(at the moment myself, but it is ALWAYS happening somewhere), and the
company producing the messages doesn't know or have incentive to care what
they are doing to others.

It really bugs me to get a message from a system claiming to be fighting
spam and requiring confirmation when in fact I apparently do more to fight
spam than they did (by implementing SPF for my domains and NOT sending back
stupid incorrect bounces).

I think that these companies need to see that all email from them is refused
from their domains as long as they keep offending, and that will give them
the required motivation to fix their systems.

If I sound a bit ticked at the moment - I really am, not only do I get Mr Wiggly
type spams intended for my domain, but I'm also getting it forwarded/bounced to
me
from lots of others and that much Mr Wiggly isn't good for anyone...

Steve