Actually, you can forward viruses from a Linux box if the virus is an attachment
or embedded in the message.  It makes no difference what OS you are using when
you send the message.  Linux only protects us from the viruses that want to
harm Windows.

Thanks,

Antonio DeLaCruz

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

I think this is an awesome idea!

I hate getting stupid emails about how my spam or virus was rejected from
someone I've never heard of. I can't very well be sending out Outlook viruses
from a Linux box!

Its just adding to the problem of wasting bandwith with worthless mail.

-- Evan

Quoting Steve Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

My domain geekster.com has been Joe jobbed for the last couple
of weeks.  In spite of the fact that I responsibly created SPF
records for my domain, I am getting flooded with bounce messages
from other mail systems that don't understand most spam from
addresses are forged.  Fortunatly AOL seems to have wizened up
since the last time this happened to me.

It seems to me that email domains that email such bounce messages
or spam fighting techniques that send back a confirmation message
are now part of the problem rather than the solution, but since
the confirmation messages do shield THEIR users from spam they
don't care what it's doing to the rest of us.  I'm wondering if
a blacklist of known domains which send out stupid bounce messages
or confirm emails would provide some incentive for cleaning them up.

Any thoughts?
Steve