On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

On 09/03/06 03:09 PM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
Hey all.

Had another hangup last night.

My full log is at http://www.gushi.org/maillog2.txt (but only for the next 24 or so...don't need to leave that out in the open).

Scroll down to about "Mar  9 07:13:00" to see what happens.

I'm noting a few things. First, almost all of the locked up messages are caused by emails going to either user madge or user tinsc (there is no santa claus, heh). I looked at their .procmailrc -- it does NOT appear that I can get those messages for analysis, but I've modified it and let them know. Something specific to those messages is causing SA (or something it calls) to lock up HARD.

The dccifd timeouts concern me, since dccifd should be independent of SpamAssassin.

Hrmmm...

How would I best check free file descriptors?

Also, you might want to see this, posted by the author of DCC.

http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2006/003070.html

-Dan

dccifd[49681]: continue not asking DCC 49 seconds after failure

Is it possible that the machine ran out of file descriptors, or memory?

Daryl

--

"Man, this is such a trip"

-Dan Mahoney, October 25, 1997