Hi Theo,

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
1)  /etc/spamassassin/init.pre
2)  /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
3)  /usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf
4)  ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

You could just read the "spamassassin" documentation which talks about all of
this. :)

But to answer your question, it'd be 1, 3, 2, 4.

Ah, sorry. I guess I didn't go through the documentation well enough. Thank you for answering my query!

        I also have a v310.pre and a v312.pre in /etc/spamassassin/.  As I
am running v3.1.3, can I assume they are backups of init.pre?  I suppose
if I change #1-#3, I have to restart the daemon, but not #4?

No, they aren't backups of init.pre, they're pre files that got added in 3.1.0
and 3.1.2.

Oh? You mean they're cummulative? When you upgrade to a new version, the new init.pre doesn't include the old ones?

score UPPERCASE_25_50           0
score UPPERCASE_50_75           0
score UPPERCASE_75_100  0
score OBSCURED_EMAIL          0

        which I honestly don't know what it means...  :)

Those rules are being disabled.  Though if you don't know what it means, why
do you have the lines in your personal config? ;)

        Well, in user_prefs, above these lines, it says:

# Speakers of Asian languages, like Chinese, Japanese and Korean, will almost
# definitely want to uncomment the following lines.  They will switch off some
# rules that detect 8-bit characters, which commonly trigger on mails using CJK
# character sets, or that assume a western-style charset is in use.

As I receive e-mails in Japanese every day, I just thought I should do what it says. But yes, without reading more than what these comments say. I'll read about what they say before enabling them, then. Thanks!

Ray