Sorry for not being more specific. I'm not using qmail-scanner, just thought
it might be helpful to mention qmail is my MTA.

I have the same results as you after removing SA markup and retesting... The
difference between the two however is the X-Spam-Prev-Subject header - it
doesn't read '(nonexistent)' as it did in the email links I posted. Also the
missing subject rule never got hit during the test of the cleaned email.

Any chance spamd is not processing the same?
Perhaps a clever spammer trick?