On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 01:41:03PM -0500, Luke Shannon wrote:
> I just got my system going. For the short term I would like to send all
> mail marked as spam to another address (not served from the box spam
> assassin is on).
>
> I am using sendmail/procmail/spamassissin
>
> Here is my .spamassassin.rc file.

You mean .procmailrc file?

> Any ideas why this won't work? When
> the forward rule is in place, the first rule doesn't work.
>
> I'm new to this so my apologies if this is a trivial/silly error on my
> part.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Luke
>

> # (250 * 1024 = 256000 bytes) are processed by SpamAssassin.
> :0fw
> * < 256000
> | /usr/bin/spamassassin --prefs-file=/home/spamfolder/.user_prefs
>
> # All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher than the set
> threshold)
> # is forwarded to admin
> :0
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You need a pipe in front of that:

| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The other way is to just put a bang in front of the email address:

! [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See "man procmailex" and "man procmailrc".

> # Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in
> "From"
> # to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
> :0
> * ^^rom[ ]
> {
>   LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "
>
>   :0 fhw
>   | sed -e '1s/^/F/'
> }

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Where you go in the hereafter depends on what you were after here."
  - Thanks to Graffiti, 2 March 2004