> Thinking about the GPL Java announcement some, and trying to imagine the
> kinds of opportunities this allows for, it occurs to me that SpamAssassin
> might be a natural fit for Java.
>
> I'm just thinking out loud here, not advocating anything...
>
> Would it run better? Would it be faster, have smaller memory footprint,
> better reclamation, better hooks for plugins etc?

It would probably run better. I wouldn't say it would work faster. I know for
shure it would have a much bigger memory footprint... :)

> OTOH, would it be harder to build, given the dependence of SA on perl modules?

This is the main reason for not just starting with it.

Besides, if there wasn't SA pluging, I would prefer a C/C++ version of SA.
Wouldn't it run better? Wouldn't it be faster, wouldn't have a smaller memory
footprint, better reclamation, better hooks for plugins etc? :)

giampaolo