Clarifications:

1) I'm not talking about generating new rules. Rules stay the same. I'm describing a new scoring process only.

2) This would not be a replacement to SA, but an improvement. Just a new way to process results already generated by SA. Ideally, this would be a replacement for weights and metas.

Dan

How can this method "spend less time and energy"? Aren't you going to build a "mirrored" method with respect to the actual one? Your rules wouldn't be like the actual ones, but negated?

Giampaolo

Dan has a good point; on the surface at least. spam now accounts for
80%+ of all mail, so why are we concentrating on that?

At least the point is worth debate (IMHO).

Can it be done? Even I can see that it can, given the right impetus.
Though perhaps too many companies are making a good $/£/Y off
anti-spam systems based on, around or directly using SA.

Be interesting to see where this thread goes.

Kind regards

Nigel