        From: Joey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: 25 October 2007 14:24
        To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
        Subject: Help figuring our why SA is taking like 1.5 minutes to
filter...

        Hello All,

        I am currently running SA 3.2.3 compiled from cpan.

        I have a situation where CPU is just going through the roof on
just a few messages and I really can't tell what part of SA is the slow
down.

        I'm not that familiar with all the config stuff, so I'm looking
for some help to figure out this problem, and I can send you any
additional information which may be needed.

        Here is a test I ran which shows all the steps SA takes to
filter email (spamassassin -D <  sample-spam.txt) :
http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-test.html

        Here is a list of files in each of my SA folders as well as some
of the config files: http://web56.net/reference/spamassassin-config.html

        I noticed a few vXXX.pre files, should I erase the older ones,
or does it execute them all together?

        I also use RulesDuJour daily to get updated cf files.

        Any help is appreciated!

        Thanks,

         Joey