On Saturday 02 May 2009, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>bayes_seen is rather irrelevant.

To this problem, or generally?

>bayes_toks is very binary-oriented, and uses lots of pack() calls.
>
>There is no SA-based "validity" check for the DB files/data.  If you
>think the DB file itself is corrupt, you could try the appropriate DBM
>tools (db_verify, etc.)  The dump/restore method really should have
>solved your issue.  If you're still having the same problem, I would
>say either a) are you sure you're looking at the right DB file, b) do
>the dump/restore again and make sure to delete/move the DB file before
>restoring, c) make sure the data you're restoring is valid (gigo and
>all that).

You all keep referring to the DB file.  Where will I find it?  And if I am to
delete it prior to the --restore, what file?  Look at the script attached, and
if possible tell me whats wrong if it is.

I am probably complicating the issue in that the attached script is run every
morning at 10am to process the ham/spam I have dragged and dropped into the
correct folders.  This is because I run as root, but all mail fetching and
processing is done by the unpriviledged user gene.  Hence the tomfoolery with
the script to isolate me from this old fart.  I am not 100% convinced that my
sa-learn sessions are doing me any good, I have fed one outfits daily messages
to sa-learn --spam for a year now, and they are still walking right on by SA.

As I am not savvy on lock files, its possible that the addition of a lock or
two might be in order, something to stall my script if it fires off when spamd
is active, or vice-versa.

Something else odd here, running spamassassin --lint -D does not generate
those errors when run as root...  Nor does it when run as gene.

And occasionally it generates a different error number:
bayes: unknown packing format for bayes db, please re-learn: 73 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pmline
1883.
bayes: unknown packing format for bayes db, please re-learn: 76 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pmline
1883.
bayes: unknown packing format for bayes db, please re-learn: 73 at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pmline
1883.

Note the 76 in the 2nd line.

--
Cheers, Gene