> > In the meantime I'm left working on the basis that for the large part,
> > banks simply don't send email to my clients so *any* email claiming to
> > be from a bank is immediately highly suspicious and could probably be
> > scored well on the way to being spam.
> >

> I personally use dedicated addresses for banks, amazon, ISPs, ... etc.
> if they leak, I detect that (and I complain, disbale the address and
> give them a new one). if they don't, their mail gets in. and all
> forgeries to other addresses are caught.

I setup a dedicated address for a bank once and only checked it from the
server (no spyware, etc..) , and it got phished. The bank had a
data-leak and lost a bunch of customer information to a malicious
international group. I was amongst the first to know because I had a
dedicated address for that banking purpose.

--
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL