Michael Scheidell wrote:

One of SpamAssassins weaknesses is that it only has access to the message body of the email. It can't create rules to detect certain behaviours of the connecting host during delivery.

MAIL FROM:<u...@example.com> SIZE=12345

am i mistaken, or is SIZE only offered if the recipient mta offers 'ESMTP' and the sender does an EHLO?

Yes

that would trash everyone running cisco firewalls with smtp fixup (or as we call it here, smtp screwup)

I don't get your point. Nothing I've suggested could "trash" anything...

My suggestion was: If the server offers the SIZE extension, and the connecting host then uses it, the connecting host probably isn't a zombie. What you do with that metric is up to you...

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)