On 22 Jun, 2009, at 16:17 , John Rudd wrote:
You can wait 1 year ... or pay $50 to some approved charity.  So, yes,
you can not pay anything, if you're willing to wait a year.  And if
you do pay, you don't pay THEM exactly.  But, it still remains that
they expect some form of financial offset in order to get off their
list in less than a year.

Actually, it is 1 year PER SPAM, or $50 PER SPAM. This was a way of punishing actual spammers. I never heard of SORBS forcing anyone to wait a year or pay $50 a spam for accidental listing, temporary failures, or anything else along those line. In essence, this policy was in place to scare off the real spammers who would be looking at that thinking, "HOly, shit, I'd have to pay $50,000,000,000 to get delisted!"

--
Amazingly Beautiful Creatures Dancing Excites the Forest
Glade, in my Heart how I do Jump like the Kudo Listen to the